In the dramatic season of the show “Hotel Hell,” world-famous chef Gordon Ramsay visits the Calumet Inn in Pipestone, Minnesota. The Smrkovski sisters, Rina and Vanda Smrkovski, run this storied inn. Ramsay’s inquiry into the establishment’s past is a fascinating look at the tragic change in its fortunes and decline.
Tammy Grubbs, Vanda Smrkovski, Heliocentrix LLC, and reVamped LLC have filed a lawsuit against the city of Pipestone and Building and Zoning Official Doug Fortune for violating their rights to denounce the hotel in Calumet at the end of 2020.
In a lawsuit filed on the 10th of November in U.S. District Court, Grubbs and Smrkovski asserted they were claiming that both the City and Fortune did not respect their due rights to due process in the 14th Amendment and their right to control and use in the Calumet Inn under the Fifth Amendment.
Vanda Hotel Hell
- In this episode on Hotel Hell, Gordon Ramsay goes to his hotel, the Calumet Inn in Pipestone, Minnesota.
- The Calumet Inn, a historic establishment, is owned by two sisters, Rina and Vanda Smrkovski.
- The Calumet Inn was founded in 1887 and was named “Peace Pipe,” after the Native American term for the smoking pipe.
- Jim Smrkovski Sr. acquired the motel for his family.
- When the initial six weeks in the hotel turned out enough, she moved to Minneapolis for three more months before returning.
- When Rina left town her hotel, she went with the help of her older sister, Vanda Smrkovski.
- She sleeps after 3 p.m. She doesn’t believe that the employees are only there to make a profit.
- Vanda hotels hell and Rina say they are experts in hospitality despite having no prior experience in this field.
- Mandy Thompson, the general manager, was released from all tasks.
Calumet Inn Update – What Happened Next?
Let’s talk about the events for these sisters following Gordon Ramsay leaving Pipestone, Minnesota, and the Calumet Inn Hotel Hell.
The proprietors of the Calumet Inn initially stated that their business was booming following the airing of Hotel Hell.
It was demolished by late 2015, less than one year after the Calumet Inn Hotel Hell show first appeared on TV (though it had been a bit longer than Gordon Ramsay’s first visit).
The Smrkovski family originally transferred the property to three guests from Texas for $800,000.
But, when the Texas men left the hotel, the arrangement failed because it was unsuccessful. Keep in touch with this site, if you want to get information about other celebrities such as, Emma rosie, Bess Breast and Young Demi Moore.
Is Calumet Inn From Hotel HELL Still Open?
Calumet Inn has been shuttered in 2022 since the beginning of May because of ongoing problems with the local government of Pipestone.
The hotel was sold several times after its debut at Hotel Hell. Therefore, it was operating with a new manager before its closure.
The new owners hope to return to the hotel if possible, but it is not inevitable.
In May 2022, the hotel was shut down after it was shut down because of the Pipestone government Pipestone, yet again blaming the historic hotel.
The hotel was already condemned in the year 2020. However, the hotel completed the repairs and reopened within a short time.